Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Grateful for small things



Well, not quite this small. Seriously, after hearing about the terrible tragedy in Japan with the earthquake, the following tsunami and now the nuclear disaster, I must pause to reflect in my own life on the things that are important and make my own life meaningful. What might be said to be "the small things".  I am grateful for my family of wonderful children (5) and grandchildren (12)  and my unbelievable wife of 37 years.  They are what make life meaningful to me and provide me my "WHY" in life.  I am grateful for my health - not a small thing.  After battling cancer (stage 3) and then going through chemo, I am extremely grateful to still be around to enjoy my wife, children and grandchildren.  Perhaps I am wrong, it's not the small things in life that I am grateful for, it's much more like the HUGE things in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment